PARS Waikato Inc. logo Phone 07 839 3531

About US

Prisoners Aid work in New Zealand had its beginnings in Dunedin in 1877 and spread to the major centres by the turn of the century. Today there are PARS support services throughout New Zealand where there is a Prisoner Aid and Rehabilitation Society available.

PARS Waikato was established in Hamilton in 1959. A Board of Governance, secretary/coordinator, two field workers, support worker and volunteers operate from a Hamilton office and Tokoroa Branch office to make up the PARS Waikato structure.

Of particular note has been the generous and long term support of the D V Bryant Trust and office premises were provided for PARS Waikato from the 1970's through to 2016 by the Trust.

PARS Waikato has had a long association with Waikeria prison and since its opening has provided services to Spring Hill Corrections Facility (SHCF).

Our Tokoroa Branch office covers the South Waikato and has operated for many years in the area through initial establishment by dedicated volunteers and now a field work staff member.

PARS Waikato is funded through grants and contracts with The Department of Corrections, Ministry of Social Development and community funding.



Copyright © 2017 PARS Waikato Inc.